Saturday, June 13, 2009

farmer's market feast

Saturday night sweets... I was lucky enough to find time on Friday to stop by one of the local Lancaster county roadside stands to pick up seasonal veggies and even more fortunate to visit the Lititz F.M. Saturday. Dan's first craft show of the season (a success) was the Lititz park.

Saturday I had such a great time with each of the dozen vendors in Lititz. Needless to say, my favorite was the "2 women baking." http://www.lititzpa.com/farmersmarket/index.html If you are able, you must stop by the Lititz FM on a Saturday morning. Try the sticky buns (more buttery than sweet but stupid good..) and some of the breads the 2 gals bake.

There are also some wonderful shops to visit after the farmer's market. My favorite is Cafe Chocolate http://www.chocolatelititz.com/. They have a fabulous menu. I enjoy the coffee, especially the mocha turbo. The owner takes care to be social conscience, her coffee is fair trade and freshly roasted. The coffee, sold in whole bean, is shameless marked with the roasted date. Once you are hooked on freshly roasted coffee you will never go back! I am enjoying the decaf Sumatra with a strawberry rhubarb tart from the 2 ladies. Perfect evening to enjoy dinner and my fab dessert on the patio with me local finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment