Thursday, February 11, 2010

Indian flatbread

Found a new recipe for an Indian flatbread in a food magazine. The process and ingredients seemed very simple. I enjoy the naan bread recipe that I blogged about a year ago.

This recipe was pretty much 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt 1/2 cup warm water knead it 5 minutes, let it sit 30 minutes, divide into 6 pieces, roll out to about 9 inches and cook 1-2 minutes each side on a flat grill pan. Easy enough, right?

The first few flats of bread were kind of crunchy, it took a few tries before I got the hang of it. I must say I prefer the other recipe that did require more time though this one was tasty. I added some fresh rosemary and thyme.

In the small print of this post, I need to make a confession. We have friends from visiting from out of town. Every year we get together a tradition has developed, Shady Maple for the breakfast buffet. Today I had a bit of .... well, that is not important. What is important is the company for friends... over an oreo cookies 'n cream filled doughnut or maybe or the comfort in knowing though I ate loads of stuff my body does not need I did not eat a sampling of everything.

1 comment:

  1. all i can say is we all need time with friends no strings attached.i will try the bread,it sounds simple.

    ReplyDelete