Thursday, October 22, 2009

blueberry crumb cake that will make you cry

This cake is so good it will torture you. You will want to eat more but know your limit should be one slice, one reasonably sized portion. You may sprout another personality eating this cake. I grew one for a job once (non-offensive, flat as a pancake personality phoebe that always continued to offend anyway...maybe it wasn't me that needed another personality to make the world go 'round). With crumb cake I have found you are either a crumb fan or a cake fan but the balance of flavors, moist cake and sugary sweet crumbs will have you devouring the whole fabulous thing !

This is not my recipe I will have to forward you to Ina Garten. I did make 2 minor tweaks to the recipe. I added 1/3 cup oatmeal to the crumbs and instead of sour cream I made my own buttermilk. I also used an 8 1/2 spring form pan and baked for 55 minutes.

Did you know?
. . . blueberries are a super food and it would be healthier for you to eat them alone rather than in this white flour, white sugar and buttery moist cake. Think about it, over a piece of this cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment