Wednesday, October 14, 2009

stuff it!


bite your tongue! ... as do I and do it too often it becomes redundant. I'm talking about peppers, stuffed peppers. I like to make mine with a twist as I do with stuffed cabbage. So, we roasted and soon we shall stuff!

A darling gal at work was eager to make some stuffed peppers this week using some brought in by a patient for the staff. I picked the last of mine yesterday for fear of what frost might do to them.

I went to visit a friend yesterday and the conversation came around to stuffed peppers. It is just killing me ... this craving for stuffed peppers and not to mention lentil soup. Dan's craft show schedule and my daily demands has left no time to good food these past two weeks. I have yet to unpack from last weekend's show and must be packed tonight to leave early tomorrow for the next. When I get back next week I will share my recipe for stuffed peppers and will be making lentil soup for my lunch deliveries!

in the mean time... DID YOU KNOW??
  • One small red, yellow or orange pepper provides 3 times the RDA of vitamin C (more than citrus). Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant cancer fighter. Red peppers are one of the few foods that contain lycopene and are packed with beta-carotene!
  • All bell peppers have a healthy dose of fiber, which among other things helps lower cholesterol

No comments:

Post a Comment