Monday, April 5, 2010

spaghetti squash, it's what's for dinner & gluten free

There is no meat here! I am down to my last week on this no white diet/detox. It has not been as difficult as expected. Have to admit to a minor breach in my resolve but this lapse lasted a short while and I made it worthwhile!

Even though the days are getting longer, in terms of daylight, I feel time is always running short. Had a recipe I wanted to share last week for baked chicken... another day, I suppose.

For dinner, I roasted the last spaghetti squash from my fall harvest. I was short on time and this worked well with a hands-off dinner prep.
  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the squash in half and seed it. Line a baking/roasting sheet with foil and add 1/4 cup water.
  • To add a bit of flavor, coat each half with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Before putting the squash, cut-side down on the roasted pan, tuck in some garlic cloves.
  • To the finished squash (roasted at 400 degrees for about 1 1/2 hrs) I topped with my tomato sauce. So that protein was covered I made Dan grilled pork chops, seasoned with garlic and oregano. I had fake Italian sausage with my dish.
  • Topped with shaved parm it hit the spot with little time over the stove and no wheat products.

No comments:

Post a Comment