Monday, July 6, 2009

my dirty secret

really now, cut me some slack! After a very long day working in the yard, digging new beds, hauling stinky mushroom soil, planting, pruning and working through lunch (mostly because my state of garden uck prevents me from wanting to be in a clean kitchen) I think we can treat ourselves to dinner out... Lancaster county style!

So our new tradition on Sunday or Saturday night was born. When I have no energy to reheat leftovers or pour some refreshing tea, we head to Boehringer's Ice Cream on hwy 272, just off 222 at the Adamstown exit.

This place is crazy busy on the weekends! They make their own ice cream and have a small hot food menu that includes :


  • fries or chips
  • hot dogs
  • cheese steak
  • chicken cheese steak
  • california burgers (that would make Wimpy hit you up for a dollar today)
  • beef barbecue (don't eat beef but I eat this because I'm convinced... well I just eat it)
  • subs (never ordered so I can't recall details)
Now a word about their ice cream, Dan is more of an ice cream lover than I am so he can speak better than I can about the topic, it is fab! They generally have about one dozen flavors that you can get in a
  • cone
  • dish
  • banana split
  • sunday (chocolate, peanut butter, pineapple, wet walnut and so on)
  • milk shake
  • and many more options
So head out to Boehringer's Ice Cream (better to support the local guy) for a casual, reasonably priced lunch or dinner (after some serious heart healthy exercise, of course) and enjoy your treats at their picnic tables over looking the little stream. If you can help yourself don't feed the ducks...come on folks our bodies were not designed to eat processed foods do you want to slowly kill the wildlife as well! If you want to do damage why not enjoy the food and ice cream yourself!

If you see us, say hello and know that I worked hard for the treat to be there! It is a great place to meet neighbors, trade stories and enjoy life in Lancaster County.

1 comment:

  1. Boehringer's I never drive past that place without stopping, WOW I love that place.

    ReplyDelete