Thursday, July 30, 2009

refreshing cucumber avocado soup

There are sooo many...
cucumbers in the garden
recipes for cucumber avocado soup
bunnies
hugs from my nephews that I can't get enough of...

I can help you with the cucumbers. It has been crazy hot this week. I did not want to turn the stove on to prepare my weekly food delivery and wanted to experiment with some raw food. Google cucumber avocado soup and you will find many alternatives. This recipe is just a basic that I adapted. I suggest you make the basic and add the layer of flavors as you go.

Be creative
  • add yogurt into the soup or dollop on top
  • blend in a non-dairy milk to make it creamier (it will be very smooth already) soy or almond milk . . . better yet maybe coconut milk/water
  • top with fresh chives, a fresh salsa (tomato, garlic, basil and onion), cilantro or pickled red onion (red onion, vinegar, sugar & salt)
  • if you like heat add, on top or blended in, diced hot pepper

3 avocados (cut in half and scoop out the goods)

3 large cucumbers, peeled and seeded

2 T fresh lime juice

2 T agave or sweetener

1 tsp salt

food process the cucumbers until is smooth then add the remaining ingredients, tasting as you go. If the soup is too thick add a bit of water or non-dairy milk a bit at a time until desired texture is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment