Thursday, September 10, 2009

happy! happy! happy!



...after many months of waiting, working, money, dreaming, planning, sanding, scraping, headaches, backaches, painting, money, sweat & tears it is finally finished! The dept of ag inspector just left and the kitchen is certified commercially (I had the baking certif) and with just a few small hurdles to go and I can finally get moving!!!

here is a view of my favorite room of the house! The colors are in the shade of soothing sea glass and my 3 bay sink has a wonderful view (that does not make washing dishes a magical chore). I know this space with revive me and get my creative juices flowing...in addition to restoring some of that positive energy that some people just tap right out of me.

I should be finishing up on the packing for our holiday to the Outer Banks but I had to share this great news!!

We were away most of last week for a show in OC Maryland. It was a great opportunity to visit my parents as well. I removed an entire kale plant from the garden and my dad cleaned it up and prepared it for dinner with just a splash of oil and vinegar, YUM!

I wanted to prepare a kale dish for you but because I've been spread so thin with work and preparing for this inspection I have had no time and we will be leaving tomorrow (after the Lisa L show). I make a fab kale dish that is filling, tasty and healthy... you will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment