Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I am going to be brief, we have Internet but not too reliable and I am on vacation. I am better without this techno media. I just
wanted to share that even if you are on vaca you can eat healthy. I have balanced my high fiber breakfast (fiberful thomas' english muffins and apple) with my daily lunch salad with . . . fudge, wine, margaritas and John's fine peach pie!

My salad was easy to prepare with out all the at home conveniences!
  • 1 can of chick peas
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 2 cups of flash steamed broccoli
  • 1 cup whole wheat pasta, prepared
  • 1/2 cup carrots chopped
  • 1 small red onion, chopped
  • paul newman's olive oil and vinegar dressing, to taste
  • 1 lemon freshly squeezed
oh, I and topped with a bit of feta and greek olives. yum!

I picked up some whole wheat naan and hummus to munch on. In case you are
wondering you can not make hummus in a blender... I tried.

I finished the book The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I enjoyed it's simplicity and found the profound and reminder to clear away all the nonsense and distractions in my life while following my dreams. It is the moments we remember not days! Here are 2 quotes that I enjoyed,
"At a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what's happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That's the world's greatest lie."
"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"
I hate to be a bit morose but I have to share that on our first night here a family arrive not far from our home. The husband went to take a dip in the ocean at 9:30pm. There were strong rip currents, he never returned. The Coast Guard has been out in full force searching the coastline. Life is unexpected but death is a guarantee so it makes me wonder how we live our lives in this moment. How much integrity do our words hold? Do we know the power of our words? Do we build each other up or, as a result of our insecurities, tear each other down. What kind of memories do we leave with our loved ones?
It is just something I can't ignore when we hear a helicopter or see them searching the coast for this husband and maybe father. Enjoy the blessing of today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment