Friday, September 18, 2009

vacation souvenirs

I don't need no flip flops, jewelery or t-shirts . . . local tasty treats are perfect for me! Yesterady we visited the historic village and lighthouse of Corolla. We stopped at a local bookstore and coffee shop. I ate my pumpkin cinnamon roll for breakfast today - it was too tasty for a photo. I have to find the recipe. We also purchased locally made lemon and lavender cookies. I have lavender I have wanted to try in a recipe and this is perfect.

We are off to read and search for sea glass. I finished Garden of Last Days by Andre Dubus II, author of House of Sand and Fog. The Garden was good but not as compelling as The House which I raced through with one eye open and holding my breath hoping "fate" would be kinder than reality. I am reading another Paulo Coelho, The Zahir. In my pile of books to read I also have... My Life in France, Food INC, Chuck Klosterman IV, and The Journey of Crazy Horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment