Thursday, September 24, 2009

asian food store run!



I had to take a day to run out to an Asian food store to pick up some things for recipes that I can not find in the area. I took some friends to share the experience! We spent quite some time among many wonders. Some packaging had English words, all had photos or sneak-a-peak windows ... thus the delay in the store.


I know there are so many food fads/lifestyles that come back to life every decade or so but something has to be said for centuries of cultural food traditions! It was wonderful to walk down the aisles and come upon some unique ingredients. Jane tried to talk me into some kind of eel paste in a jar but Dan prefers when I make his fresh.

I wanted to take a photo of some beautiful quail eggs that I happened upon in the HUGE tofu section but I was embarrassed for taking so many photos. Do people do that when they come to Shady Maple? I thought I had to show some respect. Here are a few photos that I snuck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another fun day. Can't wait to try some of my goodies. You continue to broaden our horizons!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete