Sunday, March 21, 2010

a little something sweet with no added sugar

I have made many posts since birthday dinner at my in-laws...but only in my head. This "no white detox" is going well but pushing me to be a little creative and prepare food in advance because finding time to cook when I'm home at 7 is not easy.


After a long day outside, clearing garden beds, finding a possum in our barn and wrestling with our raspberry bushes I was ready to kickback and enjoy the sunset. Last night I made a veggie curry with organic short grain brown rice. I had dessert on my mind while preparing dinner. Costco has champagne mangoes and mine are ripening slowly. I can't add sugar and the naturally sweet coconut and mango was so yum, sweet and creamy.


coconut creamed mango dessert

3 tablespoons of organic coconut milk

1/4 cup of organic sweet brown rice

1/8 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup chopped mango, chilled



mix all but the mango and gently warm. top with mango and enjoy!!

a dash of cinnamon might be nice

No comments:

Post a Comment