Sunday, December 13, 2009

greek christmas sweets



okay, I am beat after a weekend of baking (Dan was a huge help)! I need another Glenna massage. The house smells of sugar, citrus, cloves, and cinnamon. Here is are some photos of the cookies and cakes we prepared this weekend for delivery this year. They are yummy, no good for you Greek sweets. I left out my very favorite (a vegan cookie that is dipped in a honey syrup) because one should only have so many honey soaked goodies at one time. So, take a peak!


The box contains

  • Revani : a sweet syrup soaked caked made of a semolina flour blend and studded with walnuts
  • Baklava : I use orange peal and cloves to flavor my syrup... mmm..
  • Kourambiethes : a butter and almond cookie (above photo) baked with a clove stud then dusted with confectioners sugar
  • Koulourakia : a twisted cookie that is perfect for dunking ...kinda like biscotti

3 comments:

  1. Wow - they look terrific. I might not share them with my guests and just eat them all myself. Yum Yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just opened my box. Delicious. Put me down for next year.

    ReplyDelete