Monday, December 7, 2009

leftover cheese ball and turkey enchalada-sanga...

yea, sounds kind of icky but . . . necessity is the mother of cheese ball and turkey enchiladas.


I am not going to post a recipe. This was a simple dinner that was rather tasty. I caramelized some onions, added garlic then set aside. Whipped up some rice and dug some corn from the freezer. Have some tortillas (corn or wheat..hopefully high fiber) that are still rollable? Use them. They are so old they don't roll? Then make this a layered dish using stale tortillas. Don't have stale tortillas? Make polenta and layer it into a cheese ball turkey enchilada-sangna.


I happened to have a jar of trader joe's enchilada sauce. You don't? Then just whiz some diced tomatoes in the food processor to a nice chunk and add some of your favorite tex-mex seasonings.

I did not have cheese for my enchiladas... but I did have a weird blob of left over rosemary and parm cheese ball lurking in the fridge! Once it melted in the dish Dan had no idea (insert evil laugh here) and he loved it. (more laughter)....

No comments:

Post a Comment